12/4/07

Car Wreck Update


Well, I heard from the insurance adjuster today, and our van is totaled. So The Princess and I are going to visit NIC for their First Friday program on Friday, so we will go see the van one last time, and get the rest of our personal belongings, and say goodbye.


Then we figure out what kind of car to purchase next. Do we buy another Dodge Grand Caravan, or go with something else? I really wasn't ready to have to make this decision, but I guess we have to, so we will.


I like the Grand Caravan because it is comfortable, it has a lot of room in the back to haul things, and it has seven seats. I never did like how it handled in the snow, but then we didn't have snow tires.


But, I haven't looked at anything else. So, I guess the research for a new car purchase begins.


Anyone have any suggestions?

5 comments:

Idaho Dad said...

We've been driving a Honda Odyssey for six years. I love the way it handles, and we've never had a problem with it in the snow.

I think the Odyssey is regularly listed as one of the best minivans on the market.

Have fun shopping!

Christy Woolum said...

Go to Mom's and get the newest Consumer Reports on cars or just buy the one on cars. It helped us with out decision. I recommend all-wheel drive!

raymond pert said...

Maybe it's time to fulfill your lifelong dream: buy an El Camino!

MGM said...

I vote for the Odyssey. I've driven one in the winter for a few years and never had any problems. I think it handles really well, and we do get more ice than snow in my neck of the woods. I've never driven a Grand Caravan, so don't know how it compares.

I hate buying new cars! Good luck! BTW, came here via Raymond Pert.

MarmiteToasty said...

Buy a two seater sports soft top in YELLOW :)

or an 8 seater Toyota Previa like I bought last year when me Ceril me Renault 7 seater Espace died on me...... I loved that car, but after having had this new one for just over a year..... I LOVE this one even more, its huge and roomy and perfect :)

x