8/31/07

At the end is the FINISH line

Today my daughter Z2 had her first cross country meet of the season. I drove with my friend NR today about 3 1/2 hours so we could watch our daughters participate in the meet in Libby, Montana.

Since Z2 is in eighth grade and in middle school, the length of her course is usually 1.5 miles. Today, since this was a new venue for the race, the length of this race was about 1.6 miles.

Z2 ran a very respectable time of 12.42.1. As she started the race at beautiful J. Neils park in Libby, her goal was to run until she crossed the FINISH line, then her race would end.

As she crossed the FINISH line, she ended the race in third place.

Way to go Z2. A very good time for her first race, and to get third place was awesome.

Kellogg hosts their home meet on Thursday.

I look forward to the season, and watching my beautiful Z2 "run like the wind"!!

And, as an ending to this post, here are some pictures of the beautiful Cabinet Mountains we could see from the course today.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture! Go Zo!

Anonymous said...

That was a good goal by Z2...to run till the finish line and not to be first. You've done well to provide such support to your daughter.

gautami tripathy said...

Glad she finished. The time is good too!

Anonymous said...

Nice going, Z2! Perhaps her placing 3rd at the end of this race is the beginning of a great season of running ;-)!

Good luck to her!
~Saoirse

Tammy Brierly said...

Way to go Z2!

Christy Woolum said...

Perfect way to use The End this week. Congrats to Z2. I loved the pictures you shared from Libby. It sounded like a good day.

Patois42 said...

An excellent ending to tell. Those photos of the meet's surroundings are fabulous.

Go Figure said...

That is so cool. You would never guess it but I actually coached cross country one year at KHS. I think I messed them up pretty badly.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Well done Z2! Lovely photos too.

sister AE said...

This reminds me of the time when I was in school and my event for track was the 2-mile race. I always ran to finish - mostly because I was so bad at it there was no hope of anything near "win," "place," or "show"! The only time I got a ribbon was a 5th place ribbon on a day when there were only 5 of us in that event!

Hope said...

Terrific finish!

Anonymous said...

Sending congrats your way.
She's beauty in motion.