7/23/07

Sultry Night in the Silver Valley...waiting for Harry Potter

I'm sitting out on my deck at about 10:40 tonight. Usually the deck is a cool retreat. Not so much tonight. The thermometer on the wall reads 80 degrees still!! This is what nights were like when we lived in Meridian. It is suppose to cool off in the mountains, but I guess not tonight.

Our family did have a lovely evening with some wonderful friends tonight. Our friend Cinderella, who lives in Mullan, invited us and another family up for dinner. I can't remember the last time I was in Mullan. I was glad to return. It is a beautiful little town, and she has taken this small house in Mullan and turned it into a storybook cottage. She calls in "Cinderella's Cottage" and she has painted murals inside on the walls and outside on the garage using a style like Mary Englebreit. It is darling.

Most of the time she lives in Oregon, and was considering selling this precious little cottage. We suggested she turn it into a vacation rental. It is in a perfect location, close to Lookout Ski Resort, the Hiawatha Bike Trail, the Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes, and not far from Silver Mountain. It is a peaceful little cottage in a peaceful little community, great for a family getaway or a romantic retreat. I hope she decides to keep it and use it as a vacation rental. If she does, I'll post some information about it in case anyone would ever be interested in renting the cottage.

She also invited another family up for the evening, and this couple came with their son. What a special kid. KN is autistic, and is very functional. It has been amazing watching him grow up these past few years, and see him learn and socialize better, and I love to see how his mind works. He is a real blessing.

Z2 stayed up until 5 a.m. last night reading the final Harry Potter book. The Princess is about on Chapter 12 or 13 at the moment. She reads pretty fast, so I'm hoping I get to begin the book by Wednesday. I look forward to discussing it as part of the HBO book club selection next month.

Raymond Pert and Snug moved over to Mom's house while my brother in law and neice were here for a few days. They have moved back in on this sultry Silver Valley night.

Time to go in the house and face the heat...UGH!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got Harry Potter from Tam yesterday about 4:00. I made it to page 200 last night, even though I had plans that took up most of my evening. Tonight I'm off to see Arsenic and Old Lace, but hopefully I'll be able to zoom through more of the book before and after. I'll be you have it by Thursday at the latest!

Anonymous said...

Make that "I'll bet you have it by Thursdsay at the latest!"

Mommy Dearest said...

Blogger Reflection Award for you at my blog ... Happy Day.