7/10/07

The Family That Blogs Together.....

I want you to know that this picture was not staged. When my brother Raymond Pert and my sister Inland Empire Girl came over the my house tonight, this is what happened. IEG was the first to plug in her laptop, then RP got his going. My very thoughtful daughter Kiki Aru brought mine in from my bedroom, and off we went.

Amazingly enough, RP got up at 3:30 a.m. and left Eugene at 4 a.m., but was still able to sit with us at the table for a while and do some blogging. We are kind of a computer family here tonight. The Princess is IMing her friends and playing some Monster Truck computer game. Kiki Aru is playing "The Sims" on the other computer, and PKR is in the living room, getting updates on the All Star Baseball game from tonight on his laptop.

It is fun having us all three together. RP and his dog Snug are here for the summer as our house guests, and IEG will be coming off and on throughout the summer to visit. IEG has been digging out old family photos that have given us many laughs, and I'm sure you'll see them popping up on her blog, like here.

Some people would shake their heads and wonder why in the world we would spend our time with such recreation.

But you would be amazed at how blogging has drawn us closer, helped us learn more about each other, more than we have ever known, and got us sharing family stories and getting them written down, so we have a written memory of our past. Even if we all don't remember it all the same.

We have learned each others strengths. We have learned each others weaknessess. We have discovered talents we didn't know each other had. We have read about struggles that we were unaware of in our sibling's lives.

And we communicate and have made contact with people we probably never would have know otherwise.

All because of this unique blogging community.

It's not wierd at all.

It is a fascinating and special connection to others in the world. Huckleberries Online has connected us to many wonderful bloggers. Sunday Scribblings as well. And each of us have found out own unique connections as well.

I am enjoying this blogging journey, and hope it continues for RP, IEG and myself for many years to come.

3 comments:

Mommy Dearest said...

This is a great picture. I love it. You all are seriously the coolest family around.

Pinehurst in my Dreams said...

I think it's awesome, too! My sister and husband have computer, but they are on dial-up and have to unplug the phone to get online - - so she is rarely ever checking her email. :(

You are doing what my husband and I do each evening. He is doing video editing in his study, while I surf the net and blog.

Tonight I spent some time tying a quilt for my dad's birthday present. It will take up a few evenings until I get it done. I think he's really going to like it.

Anonymous said...

What a great family you have! And it's wonderful that you are able to share these memories with each other. And I'm glad you share them with others, as well. I wish more of my siblings would blog.